Saturday 28 December 2013

How to Wear Tie & Dye Dress

So, here's 2 looks I pulled off from the Bangkok purchase. My favourite tie & dye dress, made of rayon and spandex material, that I bought from a little shop in front of my hotel in Pratunam. I loved the heavy material, as it was also very comfortable to wear.

While in Bangkok, decided to wear this out for dinner just round the corner from our hotel. Little bit of make up, my favourite black bag from Wallis, and my trustworthy flats from Opera. I accessorized myself with a blue wooden bangle and red stones necklace which I bought in Chatuchak. The dress clung nicely around my knees, and loose around the centre. Hides the tummy really well.

Casual in Bangkok
Eventhough the dress is actually quite casual looking, but with the right accessories, I believe I made it look suitable for a night out. So, for the last Friday of 2013, my friend and I decided to go out partying, and again, I chose to wear this dress again.

As the design had pink and blue dye, I decided to match with my new light blue minaudiere, an Alexander McQueen inspired studded minaudiere. And of course my all-too-reliable shoes. My feet still hurts from all that shopping in Bangkok. Almost wore my flats last night, but knew I needed something to make me feel sexy...so what option do I have but to wear my most comfortable high heels.

Fun in KL
Had on bangles I bought from Mauritius, a blue and pink ensemble, and wore my simple Chanel earrings. And I love big rings. so, put on my favourite turquoise ring from Forever21 to complete the look. Had my hair up in a bun, and yes, I am one of those who thinks having my hair up in front adds to the illusions of longer face (I believe it does!!).

Anyway, had a blast last night. And it's always a good sign when I get asked to dance by several guys...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Looking good woman. As u rightly said...it is a very versatile dress.Looks good on you.Wore my tie n dye dress today for dinner he he. Wore dark pink earrings bought at Krung Thong and the pink bangle from Platinum Mall. Must say I did enjoy wearing the accessories...it does make a difference.

Unknown said...

Yay! We need to do this more often! Show us pic!